Icom IC-718 Transceiver.
- Icom IC-718 Transceiver. The IC-718 is a 100 watt basic rig with digital signal processing .
- PC running Linux and Windows via Virtualbox.
- N1MM Rig Control Software
- Homebrew TNC for digital models
- Donated to W3HAC by [WHO?]
Micom 2TS Transceiver
- ALE (Automatic Link Establishment) system.
- Donated to W3HAC by N4TCW.
- Kenwood TM-D700 UHF/VFS radio with APRS TNC
- HARC has a 35′ microwave tower sitting on a 40′ roof (at 200′) atop St. Stephan’s church at 16th and Newton.
- It has a Ubiquiti 25 dBi 5 GHz dish on top and 3.4 and 2.4 Ghz Nanostations below.
- The 2.4 Ghz NanoStation is running Commotion mesh networking software. The 3.4 and 5 Ghz radios are running Ubiuiti’s AirOS. It mounted on a rotator to test linking with other nodes.
- 20m Vertical: We have a new antenna for amateur High Frequency (shortwave) communication: granite base, fiberglass pole, radial line ground plane, thick red copper wire, 50 foot black coax feedline. At 16ft tall, the antenna is most efficient on the 20m band (14MHz). Other bands are also usable, including 40m and 17m. The radial lines provide a solid ground plane, so Earth grounding is not essential; coax feedline shield connected to ground plane, center pin to antenna. Transmission performance is sufficient for strong transatlantic SSB voice contacts with low input power levels (20W or less). Further, PSK reporter has consistently shown our signal is copiable across the US and Europe with the new antenna. The 20M vertical is connected to an SGC-230 SmarTuner.
- Multiband Folded Dipole Sloper